Since there seems to be a wedding epedemic going on (I went to 2 weddings just last weekend!), I thought this would be a good time to post some marriage advice and marital words of wisdom I’ve learned & heard in my 1.5 months as a married woman.
1) Lust fades, so you’d better be with someone who can stand you.
2) To get divorced because love has died is like selling your car because it’s run out of gas.
3) just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you all they can.
4) Ask yourself, “What difference will this thing we’re fighting about make in ten years? In one year? In a month?”
5) The first year of marriage is like wet cement – the impressions made in it are much harder to change once it has set.
6) The grass looks greener . . . but it’s Astroturf.
7) It is not your love that sustains the marriage, but from now on, the marriage that sustains your love.
8) The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent and it must be equal.
9) Motto for the bride and groom: We are a work in progress with a lifetime contract.
10) Love is a feeling, Marriage is a contract, and a Relationship is work.